This week we want to give you a quick data entry tip for creating activities that doesn’t involve all the steps of in Group Manager. After all, when you have ~5 activities that require the same response, there has to be some happy-medium between creating a Group and creating individual activities….
What you may know
Group Manager allows you to create a single activity and apply it to multiple constituents without re-creating the activity. It’s a great tool to use for a batch of hard copy correspondence, whether it be USPS mail or printed faxes. The best known alternative is to search for each constituent individually and create an individual activity line for each person.
What you may NOT know
The “Load and Paste Default” utility allows you to create a single activity line for a constituent, assign all of the values to the activity (i.e., “In Type,” “Interest Code,” “Group Code,” “Letter Code,” etc.), copy that activity, and paste it to other Constituent Records without having to recreate the activity or reassign any of your values.
Follow these easy steps:
- From the “Power Search” screen, search for the first constituent in your batch, and double-click on him/her to access the “Constituent Detail” screen.
- Click “New” to create a new activity line.
- Fill in your values, which may include: In Type, Interest Code, Group Code, Response Type, and Letter Code.
- Click on the “Activity Options” button, and select “Load Default.” This copies and stores the activity line.
- Click “OK” to go back to the “Power Search” screen.
- Search for the second constituent in your batch, and double-click on him/her to access the “Constituent Detail” screen.
- Click on the “Activity Options” button, and select “Paste Default.
You may choose to print each response letter individually, or you can print all of them at once by going to your Tickler.