Posted by Becky Baylor; Help Desk Manager
We're excited to share our latest release Signal 1.3! This release is focused on streamlining mail processing, so you'll notice there are fewer clicks, more grouping and selecting options, and new efficiency features like macros and shortcut keys. As always, we've been listening to your feedback, so we've included quite a few requested features, as well. Overall, we think you'll find that our latest release has made Signal an even more powerful tool for managing constituent communication. Signal 1.3 will be released as a staggered roll out to offices over the next few weeks, so join us for on February 12th at 3:30 pm ET for "Signal CRM: What's Next?"
10 Ways Signal 1.3 Improves Mail Processing
- More viewer options because not everyone is a primary mail sorter. A standard view will present a more comfortable view of the mail for users that just need to see the basics – the contact's name and message. A custom view is available for those who need to see a lot of information at a glance.
- No more pop-up windows for assigning and editing activities, which results in fewer clicks and an uninterrupted view of your mail.
- Multi-level grouping and breadcrumb navigation to more easily drill down to the specific records you need.
- Saved grouping for each folder since you have different goals when sorting new mail in the inbox than you do when working with your assigned mail.
- Keyboard shortcuts that allow you to quickly perform common actions with a few keystrokes.
- Personalized macros that save frequently used assignments for future use.
- More automatic merge fields for casework that provide a new set of options for including information in your letters to constituents.
- More intuitive letter writing process with relabeling of common editing actions and dynamic changes to the editing screen based on your current step in the editing process
- Signal CRM and Gateway eNewsletter integration that includes automatic updates to contact records in Signal based on e-newsletter interactions and a new Mailings module that allows you to create and send digital, high volume, email communication natively from Signal CRM with managed IP addresses, full and real deliverability tracking, and all the benefits of the Constituent Gateway eNewsletter platform.
- Email interaction tracking so you have more information about email addresses in your database such as the date the email address was last validated, when and who made changes to the email status, and when an email may have bounced.
To learn about these improvements and more, see our Help Center article What's New in Signal 1.3?