Our E-Newsletter Best Practices “Start Mailing Like a Pro” meeting on Friday, 6/17 presented some great tips for improving your mailing effectiveness and engagement. Each month we see hundreds of e-newsletters being sent out from the Constituent Gateway. We have been able to see what works well, what doesn’t and what types of e-newsletters generate the most interactions. This session included information regarding optimizing your content for delivery, maintaining good data, monitoring delivery, and strategizing your mailing campaign.
Keith Matthews, our Customer Advocate, presented information on establishing a strong communications plan.
- Determine your long range communication goals.
- Pinpoint a specific target with a set deadline.
- Build a strategy to get you to that target.
- Evaluate results and refine your strategy.
He also discussed some best practices related to building your content and increasing your engagement such as the ratio of text to images, including surveys, and the importance of linking to your own website whenever possible.
Aaron Stowers, our Senate Program Manager, finished off the presentation with tips on list building through various channels, and a discussion of the importance of being delivery conscious.
- Look for opportunities to build your lists everywhere – through district events, your CRM platform, and telephone town halls.
- Be aware that maintaining good data is essential to email deliverability.
- Be delivery conscious when creating your content by using our delivery checklist.
Check out our slide show here for more details and exmples: Start Mailing Like a Pro Presentation