We have always refused to sit idly by and contribute to the lack of innovation in the market we serve. At the core of fulfilling that mission is building a team of highly motivated engineers and entrepreneurs. Every member of the team is an integral participant in building a fresh approach to software that connects millions of constituents with their elected officials.
iConstituent’s Account Executives are responsible for generating sales and building strong relationships with our customers. They generally cover an assigned portfolio of accounts and a strategic territory. There may also be one or more Sales Development Representatives assigned to assist with generating new prospects for the Account Executive.
This is not a generic sales job that happens to be at a software company – this is a software company that is hiring a sales professional who will become a passionate ambassador for our brand, product, and SaaS/Cloud concepts.
In this job you will:
- Network with current and prospective end users both day and night; we want you to be a part of the community we serve.
- Perform product demonstrations to acquire new customers and grow our base.
- Learn the best practices for our products and be able to translate them into solutions for our customers.
- Build and manage a successful sales pipeline and sales process from qualified lead to deal using any sales tactic in the book (Social Media, Events, Phone Cold Calling, Email, and Networking).
- Establish a repertoire with our customers to foster brand loyalty, monitor account health, and retain our customers.
- Provide feedback to support, product, and marketing teams on how we can make our products and services more competitive.
- Travel to District and State offices across the country (10-20%).
- Be compensated based on your success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 3-4 years of previous experience in a selling capacity, preferably in State and Local Government SaaS or technology products.
- Be enthusiastic about technology and willing to learn new products quickly.
- Have awesome verbal and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable working under tight deadlines to hit sales goals.
- Be able to achieve measurable results with minimal oversight. This includes hitting the halls of congress and getting in your steps for the week!
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sales CRM systems like Salesforce.
- Have a college degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- Be located within the United States.