Washington, DC 20003
The primary role of the IT Specialist is to provide support of desktop computers, applications, and related technologies to our clients end users. Tasks include interacting with end users both in person and remotely. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The employee in this position excels in building strong relationships with clients. Completion of tasks and documentation as well as assisting team members to ensure adherence to contractual requirements, Meeting or exceeding all applicable contractual agreements and client needs. Working with the Team Leads and clients to ensure we are setting the standard for Great Service.
The position utilizes daily one-on-one consultancy to end users and customer’s support and network staff. Team members proactively evaluate and advise our clients on their hardware and other IT needs to devise a streamlined IT solution that best fits that client. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build strong professional relationships with our clients through active listening and thoughtful communication
- Act as a strategic and collaborative contributor to office technology needs through scheduled account reviews
- Recommend and/or perform upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
- Provide frequent touch points with clients to assure that their needs are met
- Provide a first response on support requests within ½ hour of receipt via phone or email
- Follow the standard operating procedures for hardware and software purchases, working with the appropriate iConstituent procurement and accounting staff
- Maintain a proficient knowledge level on all required support activities including hardware equipment, numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment, imaging activities, and House Network Protocols
- Monitor ticketing system to assure that tickets are updated and SLA’s are achieved
- Offer recommendations on specific improvements.
- Review tickets and provide feedback to team leads through defined reporting mechanisms
- Assure 100% customer satisfaction with iConstituent Hardware services
- Identify areas for improved documentation and or processes
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Utilize relationships and opportunities to grow the client base
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 Years of relevant work experience supporting End users in a Windows environment.
- Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills a must.
Job Type: Full-time
- Desktop Support: 2 years (Required)
- Server Support: 2 years (Required)
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for this position on Indeed.com.